I’m going to keep this short and sweet. Unless you’re doing text only ads, you’ll need to pay attention to images.
1. People like to click on the image of a person. Often, both men and women like to click on pictures of women. Women will click on images of children more often then men. Now, this is just in general. You need to test your target audience to find what resonates with them.
2. People like to click on the video play button and watch a video.
3. Never ask a lot of questions in your image. Not only will people not really be able to see what’s written but it will confuse them.
4. Don’t go for overly clever. Witty or funny, yes, but be careful of making obscure jokes that make your target audience feel stupid instead of smart.
5. Keep your ads simple. Choose one main color. It shouldn’t look like a clown threw up all over your ad.
6. Don’t use all caps. Ever.
You can easily create images in Canva and add in text. Make sure you test that the text is not more then 20% of the total space or Facebook will reject the ad.